• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Products to exist in several Categories

rochesterdiesel

Resident noob here again:

Is there a way either through the use of a contribuition, or an inherent function of OSC to have a subcategory, or a product exist in several top level categories?

Example:

My site is an automotive performance parts retail store, my site is divided up into categories by vehicle manufacturer, as most products are vehicle, and model year speciffic in my case.

There are however several products for example, gauges, which are not speciffic to any vehicle, and I would like the potential customer to be able to view these under any main category(vehicle manufacturer).

I stock several manufacturers of gauges, in several variations each all of which are not vehicle brand, or model specific.

Resident noob here again:

Is there a way either through the use of a contribuition, or an inherent function of OSC to have a subcategory, or a product exist in several top level categories?

Example:

My site is an automotive performance parts retail store, my site is divided up into categories by vehicle manufacturer, as most products are vehicle, and model year speciffic in my case.

There are however several products for example, gauges, which are not speciffic to any vehicle, and I would like the potential customer to be able to view these under any main category(vehicle manufacturer).

I stock several manufacturers of gauges, in several variations each all of which are not vehicle brand, or model specific.

Searched high and low for this all day... Found it!!! (for products)

Now if there was a way to do whole subcategories as well that would be a real timesaver.

just put those products into a top category, record its id (with your osc admin when you select it watch the cID part on the address bar of the browser) and then when you display a products description for example you could use a box to display them beneath.

Also check of the featured products contributions

Archived