• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Problems with Permissions to File Manager - HELP

Unable to access or open the index.php or any other Files in the File Manager /home/rglltech/public_html/osCommerce/catalog/ directory.

At first the error was unable to write to file index.php, then I tried changing the permissions to 400 then 444 but still get the msg could not write to file.

I then tried changing the permissions to /home/rglltech/public_html/osCommerce/ to 777 and got a warning of impending error if I go ahead so I return it to 775 and since then I am unable to open files from that location.

PLEASE HELP am just starting out with my store design and still new to how php files work . I am more versatile with windows environment.

Thanks

Eugene

all files in osc catalog set to 755 except the 2 configure.php files and admin/.htaccess

catalog/admin/includes/configure.php

catalog/includes/configure.php

catalog/admin/.htaccess

set both configure.php files to 444, change them to 777 to edit then change back to 444 when finished.

admin/.htaccess is 644

hope this helps, scot

all files in osc catalog set to 755 except the 2 configure.php files and admin/.htaccess

Please don't follow that advice - it's backwards to what it should be:

1. All folders set to 755

2. All files set to 644, except for the two configure.php files which should be set to 755 for the install and reset afterwards to 644, 444 or 400 (depending on the server).

Vger

Please don't follow that advice - it's backwards to what it should be:

1. All folders set to 755

2. All files set to 644, except for the two configure.php files which should be set to 755 for the install and reset afterwards to 644, 444 or 400 (depending on the server).

Vger

Thanks this works ok

Archived