• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

costomers are getting free shipping with order total not yet met

pillow

To receive free shipping order total is set up at $75. But there are a few instances where customers are below the order total and are checking out without shipping charges. Other free shipping orders that are legitimate have shipping at $0 once they reach the $75.01 mark. I double checked several times and I have no discount codes set up for free shipping that have been sent to anyone. Is it possible there is a way to trick the system in checkout or is this just a fluke? I know that sounds ridiculous, but it baffles me. Please comment if you know the solution...thanks a ton! :)

To receive free shipping order total is set up at $75. But there are a few instances where customers are below the order total and are checking out without shipping charges. Other free shipping orders that are legitimate have shipping at $0 once they reach the $75.01 mark. I double checked several times and I have no discount codes set up for free shipping that have been sent to anyone. Is it possible there is a way to trick the system in checkout or is this just a fluke? I know that sounds ridiculous, but it baffles me. Please comment if you know the solution...thanks a ton! :)

Happens when your tax zones do not cover all customer accounts for delivery purposes and your shipping modules are assigned to operate in specific zones. You could set the shipping module's zone to "None" to test it in your osc admin->modules->shipping.

Happens when your tax zones do not cover all customer accounts for delivery purposes and your shipping modules are assigned to operate in specific zones. You could set the shipping module's zone to "None" to test it in your osc admin->modules->shipping.

Thanks so much for your reply!

I already have this set to "none" under admin>modules>shipping>us postal

service> shipping zone = none and I am still having this problem.

any ideas?

yea create a test account with the country/state as of the customer who gets free shipping. Replicate the problem. Then check if the country/state is covered by the tax zones.

• 1 month later...

Hi there!

I have same kind of problem. The shop has free shipping if order is over 100 euros. When customer has order witch is quite close to that - for expample 99.90 - and he goes to checkout_shipping he gets shipping cost (1 euro - 5 euros) normally and continues to checkout_payment. BUT if he then for some reason goes back to checkout_shipping he gets free shipping. Then if he leaves checkout_shipping but goes later back there for the third time, he gets right shipping cost again and so on (fouth time there no cost etc.) . I think, that maybe the shipping cost is included to the total and with that to total gets over that 100 euros? Is it possible NOT to include the shipping cost to the total?

I'm totally lost and would be very happy, if anyone could help!

JennaR

• 1 month later...
Hi,

I would like to know how to add the "Free Shipping option" to the website.?

in admin panel go to configuration - modules - order total - shipping

then clik edit (or install if its not installed) set "Allow free shipping" to "true" and set the amount to "Free Shipping For Orders Over". I have 90 euros there.

sami

Hi, I really need help

I have the same problem with my shop like this bug report

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/bugs,1063

But I changed it but even though the amount is not enough for the

free shipping it still comes out as free shipping and

I still want other shipping method to show even if the

amount qualify for free shipping

I have oscommerse 6.2 version

thank you