• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Change database psw, where to change on ftp?

NOBY

Hello people.

I want to open my osc store, but when I change the database password in which file on the ftp can I change to the new one so the store works?

And what file on the ftp does the psw protection of my page because I do not know the name of the file, and also if I want to protect my admin page , how do I do that?

You can enter the new database password in these 2 files:

catalog/includes/configure.php

and

catalog/admin/includes/configure.php

You'll find it near the bottom of the file.

The admin directory is not automatically password protected. You'll need to do that. Usually, the control panel that your host provides will have some kind of password protection/secure folder function. That would be the easiest way to do it.

You can enter the new database password in these 2 files:

catalog/includes/configure.php

and

catalog/admin/includes/configure.php

You'll find it near the bottom of the file.

The admin directory is not automatically password protected. You'll need to do that. Usually, the control panel that your host provides will have some kind of password protection/secure folder function. That would be the easiest way to do it.

The host did protect the whole site for me, I think he put a file on the ftp that does that, do you guys know what the file could be named and where I should transfer it to protect the admin area only?

The host did protect the whole site for me, I think he put a file on the ftp that does that, do you guys know what the file could be named and where I should transfer it to protect the admin area only?

.htaccess most likely. Probably in your root directory. If you're unsure how to do it-best have your host do it for you.

Quidquid latine dictum sit, profundum viditur.

Archived