• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Installing when using Frontpage

OKCEA

I have been using Frontpage software to build my websites for several years. I now have a site that I would like to add a very simple shopping cart for the sale of their fundraiser merchandise. They only have about a dozen or so items. They do not even want to accept credit card payments at this time. All I need is a simple program that will produce an order page that will be sent by email to me.

With that said... I was trying to use osCommerce. My webhost supports this script and I believe that I have everything set up correctly with my web hosting service.... However; how do I now connect my existing website to osCommerce? I am thinking that I will need to set up some files in either cgi or somewhere else on Frontpage. I am thinking that I could then download the oscommerce backup to notepad and then insert this file into the Frontpage folder for cgi. Am I on the right track or not?

Has anyone else every used osCommerce with Frontpage? I would greatly appreciate any instructions about this step of the process.

Thank You! :D

You just need to install oscommerce into some sub-directory, like shop. Then place a link in your home page to that directory.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

All of My Addons

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

Frontpage always used to insert it's own code into your pages - for this reason it's best avoided for working with OSC. A really good HTML editor (Macromedia Homesite is the best I've ever used) is the best tool for working with OSC.

Thank you for your help. I will try that tonight and see if it will work for me. While I know there are lots of other website design packages out there that would be more shopping cart friendly... I really didn't want to try to learn a new software or buy more when all I needed for this site was a very basic shopping cart for about a dozen items. Hopefully this will work for me. I will post a response later as to whether this worked for me so that if there are any other Frontpage users out there...This might help them as well.

Thank You!!!

Darlene B)

Thank you for your help. I will try that tonight and see if it will work for me. While I know there are lots of other website design packages out there that would be more shopping cart friendly... I really didn't want to try to learn a new software or buy more when all I needed for this site was a very basic shopping cart for about a dozen items. Hopefully this will work for me. I will post a response later as to whether this worked for me so that if there are any other Frontpage users out there...This might help them as well.

Thank You!!!

Darlene B)

Archived