• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Removing google ads

This is the second time I have used OsCommerce and I love it. I heavily modified the first site with little or no problems and now I am working on using available templates and then making my own.

I have looked for days in the files to remove the google ads from the right and left columns. It was part of the template downloaded and changes are still ongoing...but these ads....grrrr

Everytime I check the progress of the changes I see these ads and I STILL can't figure out where to take them out.

left column and right column php pages don't see to have what I'm looking for....where else??

The site I am working on is at www.tinasonthestrand.com

Please help??!?!?!?!??!

This is the second time I have used OsCommerce and I love it. I heavily modified the first site with little or no problems and now I am working on using available templates and then making my own.

I have looked for days in the files to remove the google ads from the right and left columns. It was part of the template downloaded and changes are still ongoing...but these ads....grrrr

Everytime I check the progress of the changes I see these ads and I STILL can't figure out where to take them out.

left column and right column php pages don't see to have what I'm looking for....where else??

The site I am working on is at www.tinasonthestrand.com

Please help??!?!?!?!??!

I would look in catalog/includes/boxes/information.php and shoping_cart.php.

The code you are looking for is this

<td><center>
<script type="text/javascript"><!--
google_ad_client = "pub-0528940653611242";
google_ad_width = 120;
google_ad_height = 240;
google_ad_format = "120x240_as";
google_ad_type = "text_image";
google_ad_channel ="5400995223";
google_color_border = "6699CC";
google_color_bg = "003366";
google_color_link = "FFFFFF";
google_color_url = "AECCEB";
google_color_text = "AECCEB";
//--></script>
<script type="text/javascript"
 src="http://pagead2.googlesyndication.com/pagead/show_ads.js">
</script>
</center></td>
</tr>

YIPPEEEE SKIPPPEEEE... thank you thank you for the help from both of you..

I found it in information.php and review.php.....

Was the last place I would have thought to look....

THANK YOU THANK YOU!!

Well...rats... another problem...

My header disappeared from all the pages... I put back what I had changed in the previous edits and header is still not showing up.

This was a problem when I first installed this template. One day it was there, the next it wasn't. Nothing in the files seem to logically connect to header.php.

I really don't want to uninstall and reinstall again. That's what I did the first time. Where did my header go??

Archived