• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Tax feature in osCommerce seems not working

alex298

Hi,

I have problem in the Tax feature of osCommerce.

I already created the Tax Zones, Tax Classes and Tax Rates. When I selected the Tax Class in the New Product of Catalog, the Products Price (Gross) field could automatically calculated the Tax Percentage correctly.

I also set the "Display Prices with Tax" to true.

My problem is:

When I filled in all information in the New Product of Catalog and clicked on the Preview button, the price is still showing the "Products Price (Net)". Moreover the price in my website is also showing the "Products Price (Net)". When I checked out the product, the price is also the "Products Price (Net)".

If I set the "Display Prices with Tax" to false, the problem is still the same!

The Tax feature in osCommerce seems not working. Any idea what may be the problem??

Thanks and best regards

Alex

Alex

when you created the tax zones under the tax zone folders did you include a zone that covers your store's home address?

Hi,

Thanks for your kind assistance. I know more about how the taxes is working.

The taxes is working if I set the Zone in My Store to Florida and the Tax Zone and Tax Classes also set to Florida.

Now I set the "Display Prices with Tax" to False. I have some more question:

1. Is it true that only buyers from Florida will be taxed?

2. If the answer of Question 1 is positive. How can I do that if I also want buyers from Hong Kong also charge taxes at 10.00%? I created a new Tax zone/Tax Classes/Tax Rates for Hong Hong. However it did not work? Please help.

Alex

Archived