• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

NEW products in the index page?

NOBY

Hello.

I have new products shown on the index page, every time I add new product it shows on the index page, I wonder if there is a module that makes these products to shuffle instead of showing the newest one ?

Thanx

In /catalog/includes/modules/new_products.php find around line 20:

if ( (!isset($new_products_category_id)) || ($new_products_category_id == '0') ) {
$new_products_query = tep_db_query("select p.products_id, p.products_image, p.products_tax_class_id, if(s.status, s.specials_new_products_price, p.products_price) as products_price from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p left join " . TABLE_SPECIALS . " s on p.products_id = s.products_id where products_status = '1' order by p.products_date_added desc limit " . MAX_DISPLAY_NEW_PRODUCTS);
 } else {
$new_products_query = tep_db_query("select distinct p.products_id, p.products_image, p.products_tax_class_id, if(s.status, s.specials_new_products_price, p.products_price) as products_price from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p left join " . TABLE_SPECIALS . " s on p.products_id = s.products_id, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_TO_CATEGORIES . " p2c, " . TABLE_CATEGORIES . " c where p.products_id = p2c.products_id and p2c.categories_id = c.categories_id and c.parent_id = '" . (int)$new_products_category_id . "' and p.products_status = '1' order by p.products_date_added desc limit " . MAX_DISPLAY_NEW_PRODUCTS);
 }

and replace with:

if ( (!isset($new_products_category_id)) || ($new_products_category_id == '0') ) {
$new_products_query = tep_db_query("select p.products_id, p.products_image, p.products_tax_class_id, if(s.status, s.specials_new_products_price, p.products_price) as products_price from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p left join " . TABLE_SPECIALS . " s on p.products_id = s.products_id where products_status = '1' order by rand() desc limit " . MAX_DISPLAY_NEW_PRODUCTS);
 } else {
$new_products_query = tep_db_query("select distinct p.products_id, p.products_image, p.products_tax_class_id, if(s.status, s.specials_new_products_price, p.products_price) as products_price from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p left join " . TABLE_SPECIALS . " s on p.products_id = s.products_id, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_TO_CATEGORIES . " p2c, " . TABLE_CATEGORIES . " c where p.products_id = p2c.products_id and p2c.categories_id = c.categories_id and c.parent_id = '" . (int)$new_products_category_id . "' and p.products_status = '1' order by rand() limit " . MAX_DISPLAY_NEW_PRODUCTS);
 }

abra

The First Law of E-Commerce: If the user can't find the product, the user can't buy the product.

Feedback and suggestions on my shop welcome.

Note: My advice is based on my own experience or on something I read in these forums. No guarantee it'll work for you! Make sure that you always BACKUP the database and the files you are going to change so that you can rollback to a working version if things go wrong.

Archived