• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

adding product fields

andy39surf

I would welcome some advice on the following. I intend to use oscommerce to run a shop selling tyres. The category approach will work to a certain extent but I would like my customers to be able to search using the following additional fields, width, profile, diameter and speed rating. I have seen that there are various contributions for adding fields but they tend to only refer to adding one additional field. Will they work for the 4 fields I have listed. If someone could point me in the right direction or at least confirm that it is possible I would be extremely grateful. An example of what I am trying to achieve can be found here www.etyres.co.uk.

Most contributions for adding fields that I've seen are just basically instructions on how to do so, so yes. Even if they aren't, if you pay attention during the process of installing the contribution and figure out the pattern of what they do to add fields, you can add as many fields as you like.

Always BACK UP your files and your database before making any changes. Before asking questions, check out the Knowledge Base. Check out the contributions to see if your problem's solved there. Search the forums.

Useful threads: Store Speed Optimization How to make a horrible shop Basics for design change How to search the forums

Useful contributions: Easypopulate Fast, Easy Checkout Header Tag Controller

Archived