• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Revamped store- could I have some feedback please?

sparkle1980

Hi everyone

I've posted on here a couple of times for feedback a while ago but since then I've made quite a few changes to the overall look of the store. I would be very grateful for any feedback on it and advice on any areas I need to improve. One of the main comments a while back was the poor quality of the logo. I now have a new logo so feedback on this would be great too.

I know I'm going to get the usual comments about the store still having a 'stock' look to it but I'm afraid I've reached the limit of my technical abilities!

By the way, a SSL is in the pipeline.

Thanks

Donna.

My Store

I have noticed that you miss some thumbnails on this page but you still have the click to enlarge link which leads to a picture.

It would be a good idea to perhaps state your shipping charges and possibly resize some photos that expand out of the screen. Just my opinion. Otherwise I like your store, I love the light colours and its overall look.

~ Don't mistake my kindness for weakness ~

I know I'm going to get the usual comments about the store still having a 'stock' look to it but I'm afraid I've reached the limit of my technical abilities!

I dont think it looks stock at all , it looks very nice with the muted colour scheme.

the buy now buttons under catagories? way over to the right ? ...could they be moved closer or made clearer , and perhaps a buy now option on product info page ? , instead of just add to cart ?

You'll need to to do some SEO work at some point :-" :o

I know..I know... once you get started the work never stops :blink:

Top job !

Thanks for the feedback and tips so far. I'll have a look at the photo issues and buy now buttons over the next couple of days. (the delivery charges are actually stated at the top of every page by the way- free UK delivery!)

As for SEO, that gives me a big headache just thinking about it! This is something I'm going to concentrate on over the next few months.

Does anyone else have any feedback for me?

Thanks

Donna.

the logo looks good up top. i'm not sure that i like the different color background on the boxes. i think the site can look a little smoother if you used that color as a table border, and kept it white on the inside. also, on the photos of the jewelry, if those are actualy pieces, maybe a hyperlink from the picture to the product?

everything is normal case, except 'about us', which is all uppercase. maybe one size smaller font for titles? also, a checkout w/o registering would be nice.

very cool site though. good luck with everything.

john

www.redteeth.com

(the delivery charges are actually stated at the top of every page by the way- free UK delivery!)

so sorry, I missed that. :blush:

~ Don't mistake my kindness for weakness ~

Archived