• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

sending email problems

Jclee

my hosting is unix BSD. currently i am having difficulities sending email to customer whenever register and ordering goods. I have adding the codes as posted by other members and setting the configuration path that as posted in the forum as well. Even though there is an indication saying that an email has been sent to the particular customer account, but there isn't any email been received. Please show me the correct guidance to solve the difficulties that currently i am having. Your cooperation is very much appreciated. Thanking you in advance.

my hosting is unix BSD. currently i am having difficulities sending email to customer whenever register and ordering goods. I have adding the codes as posted by other members and setting the configuration path that as posted in the forum as well. Even though there is an indication saying that an email has been sent to the particular customer account, but there isn't any email been received. Please show me the correct guidance to solve the difficulties that currently i am having. Your cooperation is very much appreciated. Thanking you in advance.

Just Try add in new code in email.php and the webase sending from admin site slove the problem and the auto email still don send out......

look in email.php (there is one in catalog/includes/classes and one in catalog/admin/includes/classes)

Find these lines:

if (EMAIL_TRANSPORT == 'smtp') {

return mail($to_addr, $subject, $this->output, 'From: ' . $from . $this->lf . 'To: ' . $to . $this->lf . implode($this->lf, $this->headers) . $this->lf . implode($this->lf, $xtra_headers));

} else {

return mail($to, $subject, $this->output, 'From: '.$from.$this->lf.implode($this->lf, $this->headers).$this->lf.implode($this->lf, $xtra_headers));

Change the last line like so... (adding the part in red)

if (EMAIL_TRANSPORT == 'smtp') {

return mail($to_addr, $subject, $this->output, 'From: ' . $from . $this->lf . 'To: ' . $to . $this->lf . implode($this->lf, $this->headers) . $this->lf . implode($this->lf, $xtra_headers));

} else {

return mail($to, $subject, $this->output, 'From: '.$from.$this->lf.implode($this->lf, $this->headers).$this->lf.implode($this->lf, $xtra_headers), '-f' . $from_addr);

The file to be changed is /includes/classes/email.php. It's found twice, once in catalog and again in admin. This solution is correct.

still the auto email / forget password / welcome / order still haven solve any idea

Archived