• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Look and feel

johnsimpson_uk

Hi guys, im looking at using this for a e-commerce site for one of my customers,

How easy is it to fully customise the site? can you add your own "style" left / right nav's? Can you add and remove the sections on the pages such as special offers / recommended products?

Is it suitable for commercial purposes?

thanks

John

Yes, you can modify the layout, and remove various page sections. How easy it is to modify the layout depends upon what you're doing. For basic modifications, it's easy. You can remove whatever boxes you like by simply commenting them out in column_left.php or column_right.php. You can modify the basic layout relatively easily. For a complete redesign of the layout, for people new to oscommerce I recommend Simple Template System, which allows you to basically design the layout with a simple html page.

And considering the number of live ecommerce sites using oscommerce, I would say so.

Always BACK UP your files and your database before making any changes. Before asking questions, check out the Knowledge Base. Check out the contributions to see if your problem's solved there. Search the forums.

Useful threads: Store Speed Optimization How to make a horrible shop Basics for design change How to search the forums

Useful contributions: Easypopulate Fast, Easy Checkout Header Tag Controller

Archived