• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Contest create_account, State not recognized

penpaper

Recently installed the Contest Contribution. When I complete the create_account.php file and click on the Continue button, I get the create_account.php file again with a note telling me that I must indicate the State for my address.

The original file just has a blank window in which you can type in the State. The second file has a drop down box from which you can select a State??

Looks to me like the code won't recognize a typed in state and has to have the drop down box selection. How do I get the drop down box in the create_account.php file that comes up the 1st time?

Could the fact that some changes were made, as the product is only sold in the USA, could have caused the problem?

Any assistance is greatly appreciated!

Don't know what contribution you are talking about but usually contributions have a support thead. Search the contributions forum. Problems like your have probably alread been answered there.

Nick

Menou and unome

Recently installed the Contest Contribution. When I complete the create_account.php file and click on the Continue button, I get the create_account.php file again with a note telling me that I must indicate the State for my address.

The original file just has a blank window in which you can type in the State. The second file has a drop down box from which you can select a State??

Looks to me like the code won't recognize a typed in state and has to have the drop down box selection. How do I get the drop down box in the create_account.php file that comes up the 1st time?

Could the fact that some changes were made, as the product is only sold in the USA, could have caused the problem?

Any assistance is greatly appreciated!

I meant to write that any attempt to create an account, NOT just creating an account for the contest module, just has a text input box for the state and will always give the user an error and want them to select from a drop down menu for the state selection on the error page. I did remove the option of selecting a different country, as the store only sells and ships to US based customers.

I removed the contest module, as it didn't work right and there wasn't a support thread listed for it. A search in contribution support didn't provide one either. I don't believe that the contest contribution caused this problem.

Thanks.

Archived