• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

2 Questions

jeeves

Okay I have two things that are starting to bug me. I am selling trainers, so how do I make it so a customer can choose which size they want? The Products Attribute system doesn't quite work the way I thought it would.

I have made a custom layout, how come I can only see 2 Products at any one time on the index page? The table they are in seems to not want to carry on once it has to wrap, it just stops.

a link will help, what about the attributes isnt workin well for you?

"I must admit that I personally measure success in terms of the contributions an individual makes to her or his fellow human beings."

---Margaret Mead---

"The answer is never the answer. What's really interesting is the mystery. If you seek the mystery instead of the answer, you'll always be seeking. I've never seen anybody really find the answer -- they think they have, so they stop thinking. But the job is to seek mystery, evoke mystery, plant a garden in which strange plants grow and mysteries bloom. The need for mystery is greater than the need for an answer.

--Ken Kesey"

Ok- http://www.joe-leaver.me.uk/shop/ as you can hopefully see, there are only 2 trainers there, yet I have added 4 products to the database?- Also when you click on the Main 'container' category those trainers are in which is Nike it doesn't show any trainers at all, when you click in their sub categories it only shows 2 pairs of trainers. As proof I have added 4 pairs of trainers click 'New Products' which is now working fine.

I want the customer to be able to chose a size from a drop down box when purchasing the trainer and apply this to a full category.

I hope this is much clearer, and I appreciate you trying to help.

seems that is a template from template monster maybe--if so maybe they hardwired the code for the box on the front and also maybe messed up something so that it is doing what you dont want it to do--either that or you have in your admin to set max display at 2--check your admin-->configuration-->maximum values

And if I understand right, the attribute would have to be chosen on each product--I do not think it could be only chosen once then carried thru the whole shopping cart--at least not without some coding that is beyond me

"I must admit that I personally measure success in terms of the contributions an individual makes to her or his fellow human beings."

---Margaret Mead---

"The answer is never the answer. What's really interesting is the mystery. If you seek the mystery instead of the answer, you'll always be seeking. I've never seen anybody really find the answer -- they think they have, so they stop thinking. But the job is to seek mystery, evoke mystery, plant a garden in which strange plants grow and mysteries bloom. The need for mystery is greater than the need for an answer.

--Ken Kesey"

Archived