• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

/images vs /catalog/images

PDenbigh

Hey osC world!

This is my first post to the forum, so I apologize that it has to be a question rather than an answer for someone else. I searched the forums for a while and didn't find much the related to this.

Anyhow, here's my problem. I've signed up with ClickOnHosting. Using a Plesk interface I am able to install osCommerce to my site. It creates the DB and infuses osCommerce with the correct config info. It's really quite simple and quite neat.

However, there's a bug and I am not making much progress with the level1 tech support at my hosting company.

Somewhere in their autoconfig, they missed a step. When I go to the admin/catalog section, I get the error message " Error: Catalog images directory does not exist: /home/httpd/vhosts/85xr.com/subdomains/test/httpdocs/osCommerce/catalog/images/"

So, I looked at the files and they didn't have a /catalog folder at all. When I created a /catalog and a /catalog/images folder and set the permissions correctly, the message went away. So, now I could add products and upload images. However, the rest of the site, such as the storefront, wants to pull the image from /images (/osCommerce/images) instead of /catalog/images (/osCommerce/catalog/images).

I set out to search for where this reference is located but I cannot find it. The closest I have come is in the admin/includes/configure.php file where I found one reference to /osCommerce/catalog. Changing that didn't help though.

The file structure is a little odd on my host's side. According to the osC documentation, the structue of osC should be catalog, catalog/admin, and extras. That is if I installed it myself. However, on my host's side, their structure is more flat - they removed /catalog and go straight from /osCommerce/ (hopefully that made since).

So, I either need to change a reference or something else. I tried installing osC myself from scratch but appearently my host also blocks folders named "install" so I couldn't FTP everything over...

Any suggestions on how to change that reference?

Thanks a bunch!

Peter

it will be your configure files--check both, one on catalog side and one on admin side--make sure the permissions on the config files are set to read/write or else the changes you make wont happen--then after you make the changes set the permissions back to read only

"I must admit that I personally measure success in terms of the contributions an individual makes to her or his fellow human beings."

---Margaret Mead---

"The answer is never the answer. What's really interesting is the mystery. If you seek the mystery instead of the answer, you'll always be seeking. I've never seen anybody really find the answer -- they think they have, so they stop thinking. But the job is to seek mystery, evoke mystery, plant a garden in which strange plants grow and mysteries bloom. The need for mystery is greater than the need for an answer.

--Ken Kesey"

it will be your configure files--check both, one on catalog side and one on admin side--make sure the permissions on the config files are set to read/write or else the changes you make wont happen--then after you make the changes set the permissions back to read only

Awesome, thanks, I'll give that a shot!

Archived