• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Help with admin once section?

chrisbawden

Right after many many hours!!! I finally feel like im getting some where with oscommerce but once i think finally its done, Something else happens!!

At first, I could not get the install to load the oscommerce.sql file, so I changed the line in install_3.php to

$db_error = false;

$sql_file = getcwd() . '\oscommerce.sql';

Now after lots of trying the problem is, i get to the final page where you click on either catalog or admin & i get a page 404 saying the page does not exist.

Any help with this will be so much appreciated, Im working on a windows server on godaddy.com & uploaded the files using smartftp.

Permissions where changed to 777 to

Im sort of enjoying learning something new, but ive never studied or had anything to do with creating websites before so im learning something new everyday!!

Thanks

Hope they do!!

the amount of money i've spent with them setting things up,

Have just sent an email through to support so will let you know the responce

i think they do because ive done a search on this forum for godaddy and people are using the service.

thanx for your help so far

Acually just read the link from choosealogin, so it does look like they dont support it on windows & i need to switch to linux.

This probally sounds like a really stupid question but i am sort of new to this.

If i switched to linux does & my laptop runs on windows xp, Does this mean i need to buy linux?

I honestly have'nt a clue about linux so sorry if i sound thick!! :rolleyes:

This probally sounds like a really stupid question but i am sort of new to this.

If i switched to linux does & my laptop runs on windows xp, Does this mean i need to buy linux?

I honestly have'nt a clue about linux so sorry if i sound thick!! rolleyes.gif

No..it's a common misconception, it's not a stupid question.

Picking Linux vs. Windows hosting just means it's what the server is running on. You don't have to have Linux, or know anything about Linux to use "Linux" hosting. Of course it always helps to know more, but ...it really doesn't matter on the hosting. You'll never know the difference...well, except now your PHP scripts will work :thumbsup:

Thanks for all your help, it really is appreciated & installed. The only problem i have is that images arnt complete or missing on the web & admin section.

www.dropshipsolutions.co.uk so you can see what i mean

Any suggestions on this?

Thanks

Archived