osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Paypal IPN vs Standard(?)

bijink

I searched for posts becasue I wanted to:

1. list tax total seperated from subtatal

2. list all ordered items instead of just showing the store name

I can't seem to find an answer...

However, I noticed a Paypal IPN contribute... I thought IPN is just a way for Paypal to put the verification number in the store's database.

Am I wrong?

I don't collect customer payment info and I am testing in Sandbox.

Thanks in advance for any hint / advice!

• 2 weeks later...

However, I noticed a Paypal IPN contribute... I thought IPN is just a way for Paypal to put the verification number in the store's database.

Am I wrong?

I too am looking for this. Any help would be awesome!

For #1 and #2 are you talking about on paypals page?

The paypal IPN contribution (I suggest this one because it is created by the osCommerce team http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,2679) is handy for several reasons. One big one is it seems to solve the issue about orders not being recorded in the store even though the customer pays through paypal. This happens because people do not return to the store once they pay on paypals site.

Wendy James

Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.

Please be aware though that the osCommerce Pay Pal IPN does not work if Register Globals are set to 'off' in php.ini. Also, because it duplicates a large part of checkout_process.php, any modification you apply which edits checkout_process also has to be duplicated in the osCommerce Pay Pal IPN.

Vger

Please be aware though that the osCommerce Pay Pal IPN does not work if Register Globals are set to 'off' in php.ini. Also, because it duplicates a large part of checkout_process.php, any modification you apply which edits checkout_process also has to be duplicated in the osCommerce Pay Pal IPN.

Vger

Vger,

Thank you for this useful hint. Good to know for my future shopping cart.

Please be aware though that the osCommerce Pay Pal IPN does not work if Register Globals are set to 'off' in php.ini. Vger

Vger, thanks a bunch! There I am working away for days making the PayPal IPN register global compatible and you don't even notice :angry:

Just for the record - the latest release IS register globals patch compatible! Any problems, please post on the official support thread & I'll look into it. NB: you obviously also need the register globals patch v1.4 if it's set to OFF in your php.ini but the two contribs now play nicely along with each other.

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,2679

Terra

My code for combining PayPal IPN with ** QTPro 4.25 ** osC Affiliate ** CCGV(trad)

and how to solve the invoice already paid error

General info: Allow customer to delete order comment ** FTP Programs & Text Editors ** Amending order email **

Just for the record - the latest release IS register globals patch compatible! Any problems, please post on the official support thread & I'll look into it. NB: you obviously also need the register globals patch v1.4 if it's set to OFF in your php.ini but the two contribs now play nicely along with each other.

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,2679

Terra

Terra,

Thank you for the tips.

There is just so much to learn out there. It's crazy!

Am I wrong?

I want to get ordered items listed (instead of store name) in paypal confirmation email too...just made a poste about it a couple of hours ago.....I tried a contribution that should do the trick its called "Better PayPal Description" and you'll find it under the contribution section under payment modules. I tried it but it didn't work though...It's supposed too. I emaild C. who came up with the code but haven't heard back......Then what I learned so far about IPN it does not solve that particular issue. Let me know if you can solve this.

Am I wrong?

I want to get ordered items listed (instead of store name) in paypal confirmation email too...just made a poste about it a couple of hours ago.....I tried a contribution that should do the trick its called "Better PayPal Description" and you'll find it under the contribution section under payment modules. I tried it but it didn't work though...It's supposed too. I emaild C. who came up with the code but haven't heard back......Then what I learned so far about IPN it does not solve that particular issue. Let me know if you can solve this.

Archived