• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

How to add an image

jason-w

Ho do i add an additional image for a product to show up within the product description section?

Search the contribution section for several different solutions (some easy, some more difficult but more versatile)

Search the contribution section for several different solutions (some easy, some more difficult but more versatile)

Or, until then, you can create a description in an editing program (like FrontPage or Dreamweaver) and paste the html code into the description box on the item editing page. html is recognized in there... and you can make it look any way you want it to. I personally prefer Dreamweaver most of the time, but I tend to use FP when doing descriptions

2 things though:

1) It is best to create everything inside a table so that your text sizes and pictures stay the way you want them. You can also line everything up the way you like easier.

2) Make sure all image sources point to your site, otherwise you can see them and noone else can.

Once you are comfortable with the that, here is one that you might find useful:

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,1347

The main phrase for the search is "WYSIWYG". That will bring up several options like this one. This just happens to be the one I used last :)

Good luck

Archived