• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Transferring products to a new store

MyDigitalParadise

How may I transfer products from one store to another? Clean installation in the same domain but I really need to transfer over products, categories, sub categories, and the like. there are some issues with the intitial install that I have not been able to correct (coding modifications that even restoring the origional files seams not to fix.)

I'm reading through the forums and install guides and if I find the fix I will post back but if one of you gurus were not mind pointing a finger in the right direction I would not complain.

Thanx

Hi,

I was reading this post because I too need to setup a new store - mirror of a store online and need to know how to transfer everything. I would like to know how to plug the new store into the current database. That seems like the best way to do it but I am not sure how to do it. Any suggestions would help.

Thanks,

Anna

A. Chase

well if the new store is under the same domain (just in a different directory) then just copy your two existing config files over to the new location. Open these two files and change any references to the old folder to the new one and that's it.

Archived