• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

I have a problem after reinstallation

happyday

After a huge mess in trying to get one of the contribution to work...I decided to delete my files and reinstalled Oscommerce templates. I asked my host to my a backup a copy of my database...unfortunately he made a back up after I deleted my files.

Anyway after I reinstalled I noticed 3 of my header link doesn't work...they are account.php, shopping_cart.php and checkout.php. All of these link does not work, everytime I click on either one of them it takes me back to the login.php page....Tell me if this is mess up or what!

I lost all my database with more than 700 products ....all my months of hard work went down the drain...because of one silly contribution. :'(

Could some tell me if I'm missing any steps or if there is any way to solve this problem.

Thanks

www.serenityhd.ca

don't you create backups of your .php files before installing a contribution?

you should also do periodic backups of your own database.. unless your host specifically offers backups as a feature, it's your responsibility to ensure you have up-to-date backups to save your products

errors on a particular line usually indicate that you didn't remove the entire contribution from your .php files, which has absolutely nothing to do with the database. if you had a backup of the said .php file you could just rename the current .php page causing the problem to "old".php and overwrite it with a backup to see if the error goes away

i don't think there's any contributions that modify the database so greatly that you'd need to load a backup after trying to use them.. 99.9% of the contributions major modifications are on the php files

if you're a novice you're better off to leave the unused tables in the database. it won't hurt anything by them staying there.. it will just make your database bigger.

Archived