• Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

display the number of products sold

hotcomputers

in your catalog\product_info.php change:

from this:

$product_info_query = tep_db_query("select p.products_id, pd.products_name, pd.products_description, p.products_model, p.products_quantity, p.products_image, pd.products_url, p.products_price, p.products_tax_class_id, p.products_date_added, p.products_date_available, p.manufacturers_id from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION . " pd where p.products_status = '1' and p.products_id = '" . (int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['products_id'] . "' and pd.products_id = p.products_id and pd.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "'");

to this:

$product_info_query = tep_db_query("select p.products_id, p.products_ordered, pd.products_name, pd.products_description, p.products_model, p.products_quantity, p.products_image, pd.products_url, p.products_price, p.products_tax_class_id, p.products_date_added, p.products_date_available, p.manufacturers_id from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION . " pd where p.products_status = '1' and p.products_id = '" . (int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['products_id'] . "' and pd.products_id = p.products_id and pd.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "'");

and then to display it (depends where) on the same file right before this code:

<tr>
	<td><?php echo tep_draw_separator('pixel_trans.gif', '100%', '10'); ?></td>
  </tr>
  <tr>
	<td><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="2" class="infoBox">
	  <tr class="infoBoxContents">
		<td><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2">
		  <tr>
			<td width="10"><?php echo tep_draw_separator('pixel_trans.gif', '10', '1'); ?></td>
			<td class="main"><?php echo '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCT_REVIEWS, tep_get_all_get_params()) . '">' . tep_image_button('button_reviews.gif', IMAGE_BUTTON_REVIEWS) . '</a>'; ?></td>
			<td class="main" align="right"><?php echo tep_draw_hidden_field('products_id', $product_info['products_id']) . tep_image_submit('button_in_cart.gif', IMAGE_BUTTON_IN_CART); ?></td>
			<td width="10"><?php echo tep_draw_separator('pixel_trans.gif', '10', '1'); ?></td>
		  </tr>
		</table></td>
	  </tr>
	</table></td>
  </tr>

add this

<tr>
	<td><?php echo 'This product was ordered' .  product_info['products_ordered'] . ' times; ?></td>
  </tr>

thank you very much.

i have done the changes but i have the folowing error

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '[', expecting ',' or ';' in /home/logomon/public_html/product_info.php on line 252

What should i do?

Thanks in advance

thank you very much.

i have done the changes but i have the folowing error

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '[', expecting ',' or ';' in /home/logomon/public_html/product_info.php on line 252

What should i do?

Thanks in advance

the last part had a mistake use this instead

<tr>
	<td><?php echo 'This product was ordered' .  $product_info['products_ordered'] . ' times; ?></td>
  </tr>

which part doesn't work? You should see an extra line at the end on the product_info.php page and should show this string:

'This product was ordered' .............

do you see that at your store?

Archived