• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Need help finding a simple wysiwyg please

slimster

Hi,

I am trying to find a nice simple wysiwyg for the products description.

I have had a look at a few in the contibutions but they all seem to have hundreds of pages on the topics where things have gone wrong.

I am just after something simple and easy to install.

Any help would be great.

Thanks Slim

Hi,

I am trying to find a nice simple wysiwyg for the products description.

I have had a look at a few in the contibutions but they all seem to have hundreds of pages on the topics where things have gone wrong.

I am just after something simple and easy to install.

Any help would be great.

Thanks Slim

I'm not aware of a "simple" wysiwyg for OSC although perhaps they exist.

HTML is okaydokey for the product description field. If you really feel the need to use it make a template in a regular HTML wysiwyg editor and cut and paste and make the necessary changes for the product.

I had a pretty solid background in HTML before taking on the PHP world of OSC, so for the most part I freehand HTML into my descriptions. Even when I feel challenged I open up FrontPage and do it and copy/past. It works for me with around 200 products.

the spaw wysiwyg contribution is simple and easy to install--use the last version--May 8th 2005

"I must admit that I personally measure success in terms of the contributions an individual makes to her or his fellow human beings."

---Margaret Mead---

"The answer is never the answer. What's really interesting is the mystery. If you seek the mystery instead of the answer, you'll always be seeking. I've never seen anybody really find the answer -- they think they have, so they stop thinking. But the job is to seek mystery, evoke mystery, plant a garden in which strange plants grow and mysteries bloom. The need for mystery is greater than the need for an answer.

--Ken Kesey"

That looks complicated too, transferring directories, etc...lost me.... It would help me out a lot to install, but that is complicated too...at least for a novice...but thanks for the info... Let me know how the install goes for you if you don't mind....

SKEE

Archived