• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Can some one pls help I am new to all this!!

Sherly23

Hello,

Well my name is Sherly and I was planing on starting my own E-commerce business online. The problem is that I already have a php website and I like my desing but I have no idea how to add or convert it into a shopingcart, checkout, shipping ect. So far all I know is that I need a solution, a merchant account, a payment gateway, and shiping service. I was wondering if anyone could please help me and get me on the right tract? Thank you!

Hello,

Well my name is Sherly and I was planing on starting my own E-commerce business online. The problem is that I already have a php website and I like my desing but I have no idea how to add or convert it into a shopingcart, checkout, shipping ect. So far all I know is that I need a solution, a merchant account, a payment gateway, and shiping service. I was wondering if anyone could please help me and get me on the right tract? Thank you!

Did I put this in the right forum? Or should i move it to another?

Shirley,

I was in the same position quite a while ago.

Oscommerce is a fantastic product, however to get it looking anything like a similar design that you already have will take an awfully long time and a very steep learning curve. However if your willing the best thing to do is start from the beginning.

Have you got it installed?

For now forget about payment gateways etc until you have it setup and ready to go live because this in my own oppinion is one of the easiest things to implement thanks to some of the great contributors out there.

There are lots and lots of areas within the forum that will take you though installing setting up and getting close to something that you want. There are of course places on the web ( have a look at the sponsors area in the partners area where you will find some packages that you could spend a little money on. If you don't have that then start from top of the forums and work your way down.

Everybody is very helpful here so will usually help if they can, but I found that they prefer to help when you've helped yourself a little

cheers

Thank you dave!

I have just downloaded the oScomerce 2.2 but have not installed it jet. Ill get on that right away thank you!

Quick point, if your in the uk, theres a great contrib. Search for uk, and before commencing install read the instructions

Archived