• Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Credit Class / Gift Voucher Version 5.16

Hey!

I am building a heavely modified osc, and after downloading the Credit Contrib:

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,282

I can se some awsome guy made a "patch file" but when i look at it im a little confused, i would infact never run it i think, preffer to do it manually:

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contri.../download,12287 (Download of that patch file)

Anyways, what im trying to get instructions for is this one:

CCGV version 5.16 BlueNoteMKVI 8 Feb 2006

-Based on 5.15a2

-Incorporates all fixes to date, including:

--Coupon admin fix (thanks to molafish)

--Change English order total module back to English (thanks to HallMarc)

--Included the full PayPal IPN contribution to avoid errors about missing files (thanks to brucelim)

--Removed debug code (thanks to hillro)

--Coupon admin fix #2 (thanks to molafish). I moved the extra function into add_ccgvdc_application_top.php, this way you do not need to modify includes/functions/general.php.

--Updated rollup #2 to fix decimal places (thanks to insomniac2)

-In addition to packaging all of this up into one file, I fixed several things that were bugging me:

--Several places in the files were different from the original osCommerce files by only a few whitespace characters. I have updated the contribution files to match the osCommerce files. This will help you if you use a file comparison program to install this package.

--Integrated several security fixes from osCommerce 2.2 Milestone 2 Update 051113

--Removed extraneous defines.

---All of the database tables and files are defined in add_ccgvdc_application_top.php, so there is no need to update database_tables.php or filenames.php. Only one line needs to be changed in application_top.php.

---All of the necessary language defines are in add_ccgvdc_$language.php or separate files in the $language directory. Only one line should be added to $language.php.

This is a complete package. I have installed it on a new installation I'm working on for a client and so far have had no problems. I will update this package with fixes should I run into any.

Please direct all support requests to the forums.

Thanks to all who came before me to update this package!

Any clues on what i can do to easely figure out what code changes are needed?

Thanks community, your rock

Do you have a new installation of the osc? If so just upload all the files in the package replacing the files in your install

Otherwise you will need something like beyond compare or winmerge to identify code changes

regards

mark

Regards

Mark A Reynolds

Hey! Yes its very modified, so i recon i need to implement the codechanges in the files manually, thats why i was asking if there is any documentation on that matter hmm, it seems the packadge only contains the phrase "just overwrite your ms2.2 files..."

so.. hmm

Im wondering, with Winmerge, would it overwrite my custom coding?

Hey! Yes its very modified, so i recon i need to implement the codechanges in the files manually, thats why i was asking if there is any documentation on that matter hmm, it seems the packadge only contains the phrase "just overwrite your ms2.2 files..."

so.. hmm

Im wondering, with Winmerge, would it overwrite my custom coding?

Don't believe it when the contrib area says patch file or updates. It may not work for you.

Do your edits manually (if you have a heavily moded store, you would know this).

Just do the latest full package and see it it works for you.