• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

permissions on split files

Hi,

I'm a newbie on OSC although I run a Linux hosting server that has it automatically loaded in to all our customers Cpanels. This is the first time I've looked at it and I'm trying to set up my first trial shop.

The problem I'm having is that I've installed Easy Populate and when I split the files they are being put into the temp directory OK but with permissions set at 600. I can't view them in ftp, download them from ftp and , of course, they are not being seen by the program to download via EP or to put into the DB.

When I go inot Cpanel file manager and use the change permissions feature to set the level at 644 they just revert back to the original permission level of 600.

Can anyone please advise?

Thanks

Tony

I have had the same experience w/cpanel. There may be something your host can do to change that, but I would say download Filezilla (FTP program...it's free) ...I was able to change permissions with that no problem. Right click, file attributes, change it , and it sticks. The FTP program you're using now might have the capability but from experience, the built in Windows FTP interface wouldn't do it for me either. Filezilla is cool!

Archived