• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

BLANK SITE! HELP!

nervejam

I installed STSPLUS 4.1. Then customised the template.

I then installed Ultimate SEO, using the instructions. I made backups of all the edited files, first, though.

SEO did not work, and so I restored my backup files. I ended up with a blank page at www.cheapcarbooks.com...

I DID forget to back up .htaccess, so I recreated this from the OSC original, and added the register globals value.

Still blank. HELP!!!!!

(The admin functions still work OK, though.)

(I suppose that I could delete the whole site, and re-install OSC. Then re-edit (or restore) key files. Would this blank my inventory database? this would be a last resort)

Annoyingly, I had just managed to get my Google base listings working... now they point to nothing.

You are installing Ultimate SEO URL's onto an Apache Server? Because it doesn't work on Windows.

SEO URL's also creates a table in the database the first time it runs, so that will need to go (as you are uninstalling) - but first look in admin and see if it is still listed there under Configuration - because if it is listed then you haven't completed the uninstall.

Vger

You are installing Ultimate SEO URL's onto an Apache Server? Because it doesn't work on Windows.

SEO URL's also creates a table in the database the first time it runs, so that will need to go (as you are uninstalling) - but first look in admin and see if it is still listed there under Configuration - because if it is listed then you haven't completed the uninstall.

Vger

Definitely Apache. I don't see any obvious extra table(s), or Admin panel entries. I've just somehow messed-up my OSC install.

Any suggestions would be appreciated!

Definitely Apache. I don't see any obvious extra table(s), or Admin panel entries. I've just somehow messed-up my OSC install.

Any suggestions would be appreciated!

Right. Panic over. I wiped the lot, re-installed OSC, and then copied my index.php over it.

I now have a functioning site, albeit plain-vanilla. The database was unaffected.

Still no idea what happened, but it's irrelevant now.

I'll just change the logos, and replace the affiliates stuff, and I'll be as happy as Larry.

Archived