• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Problems protecting admin directory

DavidAndersen

I have go the shopping cart working well but I am having trouble protecting the Admin directory.

I use FrontPage to edit and build my site so .htaccess is a problem. FrontPage has a permission manager interface, but I have tried everything to get it to work to no avail.

The hosting company has offered to use and set up .htaccess for me but they need to turn off FrontPage extensions which I don't want.

I created my own .htaccess file and .htpasswd file and uploaded them to the admin directory. When I go to the admin section, it asks for username and password, but it won't accept them and allow access.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

David

I have go the shopping cart working well but I am having trouble protecting the Admin directory.

I you use FrontPage to edit and build my site so .htaccess is a problem. FrontPage has a permission manager interface, but I have tried everything to get it to work to no avail.

The hosting company has offered to use and set up .htaccess for me but they need to turn off FrontPage extensions which I don't want.

I created my own .htaccess file and .htpasswd file and uploaded them to the admin directory. When I go to the admin section, it asks for username and password, but it won't accept them and allow access.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

David

Frontpage is not a php editor and will mess up your codes. You will need to delete your store form your server after the frontpage extentions have been removed you can upload a fresh copy of your catalog. You can use notepad to edit or dowload PHP Designer 2006 free but asks for a donation. There is a great Contrib to secure your admin here is the link http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contri...ch,secure+admin

A great ftp client to upload your site is FileZilla, do not use frontpage to upload, your .htpaccess that come with oscommerce does not need to be edited for the above contrib to work.

Archived