• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Please help me.

jason-w

At present i am running oscommerce on my local server so that i can set it up and get it running but can someone please tell me what files i need to ftp to the live server for customers to access my store?

I downloaded the payment module for anz egate in the contributions section can anyone tell me how to use it eg where to put the file?

I know oscommerce has a built in module for collecting cc data but how is it then transferred to by ssl server for processing?

I have no problem now accessing the admin tool but once i go live how is this done?

Thanks

1) You will need to transfer all your oscommerce files plus the database in order for your customers to access your store.

2) Offhand, I don't remember and don't feel like looking it up. Someone else can handle.

3) What osc does by default is to split the credit card. Half of it is sent to your database, which you can access in the administration area. The other half is emailed to you. This is for small companies that already have merchant accounts to process credit cards and are willing to process them manually.

4) When you go live, you will want to password protect the admin section. Go to your website's administrative panel and it should have an option to password protect a folder. Use it. If your webhost sucks as much as mine does, you may have to do it yourself by modifying the .htaccess file. It's complicated enough that I suggest you google htaccess and password for instructions.

Always BACK UP your files and your database before making any changes. Before asking questions, check out the Knowledge Base. Check out the contributions to see if your problem's solved there. Search the forums.

Useful threads: Store Speed Optimization How to make a horrible shop Basics for design change How to search the forums

Useful contributions: Easypopulate Fast, Easy Checkout Header Tag Controller

Archived