• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Deleted my index page for shopping acrt. No back up.

wickedtanner

I have deleted the index page for the shopping acrt of my website. The site is actually stored in a shop folder because it has a splash page that the domain name points to. This is how the problem occurred. I accidentally covered up the index page of the shopping cart with the default index page. Everything else is in tact and no changes. I downloaded the latest version of the oscommerce shopping cart andinput the index page to see if it would rebuild. I had no luck Now a fatal error page comes up. I am hoping and am confident someone else has made this mistake as well and has the answer. Please, please save me.

Jon

[email protected]

There is no magic restore button unfortunately. If you have no back-ups of your site, then it's gone forever. As a last attempt, you could try contacting your hosting company to see if they have a back up, but expect to be charged for this service if it's available.

Realistically, you will need to start with the fresh page and sort out the error messages. If you have made any modifications, then you will need to re-apply them.

For future, I'd strongly recommend running regular back-ups and having a copy of your webpage on a secure medium or different server.

Please post more info and the error messages and we can start helping you to get your website back online.

all the best, Terra

My code for combining PayPal IPN with ** QTPro 4.25 ** osC Affiliate ** CCGV(trad)

and how to solve the invoice already paid error

General info: Allow customer to delete order comment ** FTP Programs & Text Editors ** Amending order email **

There is no magic restore button unfortunately. If you have no back-ups of your site, then it's gone forever. As a last attempt, you could try contacting your hosting company to see if they have a back up, but expect to be charged for this service if it's available.

Realistically, you will need to start with the fresh page and sort out the error messages. If you have made any modifications, then you will need to re-apply them.

For future, I'd strongly recommend running regular back-ups and having a copy of your webpage on a secure medium or different server.

Please post more info and the error messages and we can start helping you to get your website back online.

all the best, Terra

The hosting company found the back up. Thank you for responding to my post. I do have one more question. Who do I contact to like the shopping cart to a merchant account or to paypal. Do I have to link the shopping cart or do they do that? This is the only part of an online store I do not know how to do. Because in the future, I no longer need to pay a web design company. Also, I searched on Google for that magic restore button you were talking about and could not fond on either. I wish there was one. That was funny

Who do I contact to like the shopping cart to a merchant account or to paypal.

To link OSC to Paypal go into Admin > Modules > Payment and click the install button next to the PayPal module. Edit it (fill it in with your details) and that's about it. You will of course need a PayPal account to do this.

The merchant account is the same process in terms of installing and editing - but you will usually need an account with a payment gateway (like Authorize.net) first. Once you have that, they will send you various logins and keys and you just plug those into the module.

Archived