• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Should the Paypal page show the order details???

sallypointer

I gather from a trawl through the messages that others have had ths problem, but I can't see any replies that clarify matters.

I ran a test order, which worked perfectly up until the Paypal page. Once I had clicked off oscommerce into Paypal it asked me to fill in all the order details such as total and postage amount. Is that normal, or should the basic totals at least patch over?

I know about the need to get the return to site thing sorted, I just found that during my search, so I will do that, but as I can't send a paypal payment to myself I have no way to do a real test order to see whether it works, so I suppose that one will come clear when I get my first customer.

In the meantime, I'd be very grateful if someone could tell me if there is a way to make the paypal payment screen show at least the total and postage amount if nothing else.

I gather from a trawl through the messages that others have had ths problem, but I can't see any replies that clarify matters.

I ran a test order, which worked perfectly up until the Paypal page. Once I had clicked off oscommerce into Paypal it asked me to fill in all the order details such as total and postage amount. Is that normal, or should the basic totals at least patch over?

I know about the need to get the return to site thing sorted, I just found that during my search, so I will do that, but as I can't send a paypal payment to myself I have no way to do a real test order to see whether it works, so I suppose that one will come clear when I get my first customer.

In the meantime, I'd be very grateful if someone could tell me if there is a way to make the paypal payment screen show at least the total and postage amount if nothing else.

Just an update, I've had a real order! (yay!) and the order showed up ok on my email and the admin panel, so I know that return thing is ok, but the problem of the total not transferring to Paypal is still there. Does anyone have any idea at all where I need to start looking for the fault or the solution?

Just an update, I've had a real order! (yay!) and the order showed up ok on my email and the admin panel, so I know that return thing is ok, but the problem of the total not transferring to Paypal is still there. Does anyone have any idea at all where I need to start looking for the fault or the solution?

So, you mean that there is no amount showing up at paypal but everything else is ok?

So, you mean that there is no amount showing up at paypal but everything else is ok?

Yep, thats right. It gets to the end of checkout, you click continue to get to Paypal, and are left with a Paypal screen thatis linked to me, but which has no information, so the buyer has to fill in their totals, an order description, etc