• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Testing my site

ianric

Hi

I am testing the various stages of my site and now its the shopping cart / checkout stage. I can add/remove from the cart but what about the checkout stage?? I have replaced most of the default text but I still have the products and I have added 1 of my own so what happens when I enter my credit card details, ie will I be charged? will the stuff be shipped? etc I'm sure the default site said it was a demo and that I wouldn't be charged. The next obvious question is how do I make it live?

Thanks in advance

Ian

Hi

I am testing the various stages of my site and now its the shopping cart / checkout stage. I can add/remove from the cart but what about the checkout stage?? I have replaced most of the default text but I still have the products and I have added 1 of my own so what happens when I enter my credit card details, ie will I be charged? will the stuff be shipped? etc I'm sure the default site said it was a demo and that I wouldn't be charged. The next obvious question is how do I make it live?

Thanks in advance

Ian

Hello Ian

When you checkout in your store which isnt live i guess either way when you enter credit card no. it will be stored in your stores data base and you as a store owner will get an email saying an order has been placed and the credit card details. then using an inhouse credit card transaction terminal or an online one you can process the credit card but for these you should have an account with them.

To make it live you should register a domain and host them in a server (contact a web hosting company). If you are a new bee i would suggest you going with any company that already have oscommerce installed in their server so not too many configuration has to be done...otherwise when you upload you should change the root directories in the configuration.php file

l8ter

Hi

Thanks for the reply. I cancelled the test order just as I got to the credit card bit. After reading the second part, I realised my site is already live!! (un)luckily I haven't had any orders so I'll add a "warning" comment onto the pages.

Ian

Archived