• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

linking to a product?

warrenerjm

Hi

Can someone please tell me how I can link to a product. I would like to write about a product in one of my pages & link it to the sub category (or category) if there are more than one product, or to the product info if there is only one. I know how to link from one static page to another, but am stumped with products.

I hope someone finds this easy & can help little old me. :D

Thanks

Julie

Try something like

<?php echo '<td><a href="' . tep_href_link('product_info.php', 'products_id=122', 'NONSSL') . '">' .  'Some Text Goes Here' . '</a>'; ?></td>

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

All of My Addons

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

Try something like
 <?php echo '<td><a href="' . tep_href_link('product_info.php', 'products_id=122', 'NONSSL') . '">' .  'Some Text Goes Here' . '</a>'; ?></td>

Jack

Thanks Jack. This looks like a single product link, which is what I am looking for, but I also need to link to a category too. Do you know how I would do that. As you are now helping me on three fronts, I have a nice pile to work through later. Another late night!

Julie :thumbsup:

Well, we don't want you slacking off. :) Try this for the category link:

<?php echo '<td><a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_DEFAULT, 'cPath=1', 'NONSSL') . '">' .  'Some Text Goes Here' . '</a>'; ?></td>

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

All of My Addons

Recommended SEO Addons

<?php echo '<td><a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_DEFAULT, 'cPath=1', 'NONSSL') . '">' .  'Some Text Goes Here' . '</a>'; ?></td>

Jack

Cheers! No rest for the wicked. :P

Julie :thumbsup:

Jack

Hi Jack

I tried to put this within my main text in the index.php,

define('TEXT_MAIN', '<table border="0"width="100%"cellspacing="5"cellpadding="2">

but it didn't like it. I had a play to see if I could learn something, but just kept coming up with various errors. :-"

Any ideas?

Thanks

Julie

ps; I did change the cPath

Your code didn't display properly but I think I know what the problem is. The code I gave you was for the files in the root. To use it in a file in the english/ directory, you need to use

<td><a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_DEFAULT, 'cPath=1', 'NONSSL') . '"> Some Text</a></td>

Jack

Support Links:

All of My Addons

Recommended SEO Addons

Archived