• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

CVV

Hi there - total newbie here but looking for a way to get the cvv logic enabled. I am running on version 2.2-MS2 and it appears the cvv contributions are in the code but I still don't see the cvv field on check out. Anyt thoughts? Do I need to do something in order to enable / allow that field?

Sorry if this is totally obvious, I have been readin the other postings on this but it appears the ones I have seen are in regards to older versions perhaps.

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,2954

Do note, however, that storing the CVV2 value after the transaction has been completed is against PCI regulations and can result in having your merchant account revoked.

Please use the forums for support! I am happy to help you here, but I am unable to offer free technical support over instant messenger or e-mail.

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,2954

Do note, however, that storing the CVV2 value after the transaction has been completed is against PCI regulations and can result in having your merchant account revoked.

I'f I'm not mistaken I think there is also a contribution that will remove the cvv2 from the database after a certain period of time?

Also, curious if I need to install all of the contributions associated with this or just the most recent one.

Thanks in advnce.

• 1 month later...

i just installed this and then noticed this line in the readme file

in phpmyadmin run this query

ALTER TABLE `orders` ADD `cc_cvv2` VARCHAR(4) AFTER `cc_number`;

I dont have phpmyadmin, i have C-panel where would i run this query at??

Log into cpanel, then on your main index page look for "MySQL Databases" and click it.

New page will open, at the very botton of this page, click on the "phpmyadmin" link.

Once inside "phpmyadmin" click on "import" on the right hand side, then on "sql" and enter the commands in here.

Back up database before doing any changes (i.e export)

Edited by stu2000