• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

using mydomain.com

ALSMonarch

When I installed oscommerce last week I went through ipowerweb (my host). I thought I assigned it to setup go under www.theoccasionalcake.com/Gift so that my shop would display under that link. I also have a registered domain name (theoccasionalgift.com) that I want to redirect to this link (I have to forward it because I don't have a hosting account for the latter domain).

Now I can't figure it out because my shop only displays under https://host322.ipowerweb.com/~theoccas/Gif...fd42227303bb411

and I don't want that to display when people come into my site.

Does anyone know how I fix this?

Thanks in advance!

Amy

Is there a way for me to change it so that ipowerweb doesn't show up in the address line as people browse my site?

Not really ... your SSL connection is on that domain, so your user has to be at that URL... you could do a trick with frames to keep that url, but you would then contain secure and insecure items and probably scare some people... Talk to your host to see if they can move the SSL over to your site... I'm not to knowledgeable about the topic, but I believe that you would have purchase your own certificate then... Someone know if I am wrong?

Kris

Archived