• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Configure.php and permissions help requested

PhoenixAF24

Hi all,

I am at my wits end. I have searched the forums and I am sure that I didn't search the entire forum but I need some help. I am getting the " Warning: I am able to write to the configuration file: .../shopheavenlyscents/catalog/includes/configure.php. This is a potential security risk - please set the right user permissions on this file."

Now for the kicker :) I CHMOD'ed the file to 644 and still get the error. I changed it to 444 and still got the same error. When I change it, it goes back to 644 even though I saved it.

Any assistance provided is welcome :)

Regards,

Brian

You can't use the chmod function if your site is hosted on a Windows server - use the File Manager in your web hosting control panel to change permissions.

Vger

You can't use the chmod function if your site is hosted on a Windows server - use the File Manager in your web hosting control panel to change permissions.

Vger

Vger,

Thanks for the info, however it is hosted on a Linux server :)

Does your server allow you to change the permissions of files/folders?

-krs1

Yes it does. I currently am running on the same server 3 other websites that I can CHMOD all day long :)

Just wanted to add an update. I completely deleted the install that I had done with Fantastico and did a manual install based on the QI guide. No Go. I didn't even copy over the configure.php files, I let it create a new one in both cases. Still get the issue of permissions when going to the page.

Regards,

Brian.

P.S. Contacting Web Host is my next step as a side track to this post.

Archived