• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

product attributes

hardcor

Greetings All,

I am new to this forum and this question may have been asked so I apologize in advance if this is the case.

I would like to use the OSCommerce system for an online merchant that is a distributer for products that are used in the construction industry.

Almost all their products come in multiple sizwes but technically they are the same product.

This merchant wanted to able to have his clients be able to go to the product_info.php page where they will decide what attribute needs to be assigned to that product with the correct amount associated with that attribute.

The problem is that there are 3 versions of every product which means 3 different prices. I cannot establish a base price for a product considering there are 3 prices per product.

My problem really comes in when it comes down to the taxes.

Because there is no base price and all the prices are hooked into the attributes and not the actual product itself no taxes are being calculated caause I had to add the product with $0.00 to ensure that my attribute prices were 100% correct everytime.

I hope that this makes sense to you all.

It would be greatly appreciated if I could get some feedback on this issue and if there is already something developed to work around this issue.

Thanks in advance for your time.

HC

Archived