• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

question about "upgrade oscommerce"

tomliuwhite

Now my oscommerce version is osCommerce 2.2-MS2. I do not know if i should Upgrade it to 2.2 MS2 (051113). I want to know:

1. what is the difference between them?

2. If i upgrade it, will it affect the contributions that already have installed on my site?

Many thanks in advance!

Yes, you should upgrade. The upgrade has security patches as well as some other changes. But you will need to manually install the changes since overwriting the files will most likely break your shop.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

All of My Addons

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

Yes, you should upgrade. The upgrade has security patches as well as some other changes. But you will need to manually install the changes since overwriting the files will most likely break your shop.

Jack

I know it's been said over and over, but I'm still confused - how do I figure out what version I have? I know that I have 2.2 installed, but what is the difference between that and 2.2 MS2 (051113)?

Thanks

~bobsi18~

I know it's been said over and over, but I'm still confused - how do I figure out what version I have? I know that I have 2.2 installed, but what is the difference between that and 2.2 MS2 (051113)?

Thanks

~bobsi18~

Look in includes/application_top.php for the version (it won't indicate the update but will say if it is MS2, which it probably is). The easiest way to tell if you need the update is to try installing it. If the code has already been changed, it is installed.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

All of My Addons

Recommended SEO Addons

If i want to upgrade, where can i find such instruction to upgrade it?
There are instructions included in the contribution. To find the contribution, go to the contribution section (see menu above) and search for security update.

Jack

Support Links:

All of My Addons

Recommended SEO Addons

Look in includes/application_top.php for the version (it won't indicate the update but will say if it is MS2, which it probably is). The easiest way to tell if you need the update is to try installing it. If the code has already been changed, it is installed.

Jack

Great, thanks, turns out i don't have to update :)

~bobsi18~

Archived