• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Individual products and comments

sbchristo

Good Afternoon Everyone!

I have searched the forum and contributions, and could not find a matching thread or mod, so I apologize if I have missed something, but I would request a bit of help if I may.

I own a printing company and I am setting up an online ordering page for one of my clients. What I need, is when they order business cards, they need to be able to add a name, address, phone number etc. to that individual item. I know that they could add that info at the comments section when they check out, however, they are too pigheaded to do that. Could someone help me by either pointing me to a mod, thread or adding some script to a reply so that I can make this happen? I appreciate all of your help.

Thanks!

I've never used the previous posters contrib suggestion but I think this may be more what you're looking for.

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contri...rch,option+type

I have used this contrib and it works fine. You can add unlimited text input, textarea, radio, checkboxes,select options on any product. For your example you would use the TEXT INPUT options to be able to pass along user defined text as product options in the cart. Ex. Name, busines, address, will all get passed just like regular product options.

Just make sure you backup and follow the instructions. Then test to make sure those values are being passed not only to the cart, but to checkout and confirmation emails !

Good luck

Archived