• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Privacy Notice and Conditions of Use

monakur

I am new to this and this might sound like a stupid question, but where do I go to change the Privacy Notice, Conditions of Use, and Shipping and Returns statements? I tried in privacy.php and conditions.php, but there isnt any text, just code.

Thanks in advance for the help!

The text is in catalog/includes/languages/english/privacy.php (or whichever other file you're needing)

In there you'll find

define('TEXT_INFORMATION', 'Put here your Privacy Notice information.');

There are others there, too...conditions, shipping, index, etc...that's where you can define the text parts.

I am new to this and this might sound like a stupid question, but where do I go to change the Privacy Notice, Conditions of Use, and Shipping and Returns statements? I tried in privacy.php and conditions.php, but there isnt any text, just code.

Thanks in advance for the help!

on that same note, how would I change the title of "Privacy Notice" in the "Information" box at the left of the screen? I want it to say "Privacy Policy" instead...also, how would I change the navigation bar at the top left of the screen right above the "quick find" text and box? right now it says Top >> Catalog but I want it to say Home >> Store...I looked all over the languages/english folder files, but was unable to find anything - thanks

you cant have searched very hard. They are in the includes/language/english.php file.

Search for define('HEADER_TITLE_TOP and alter it to what you want.

And the others can be found under

// information box text in includes/boxes/information.php

REMEMBER BACKUP, BACKUP AND BACKUP

Archived