• Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

PHYMYADMIN HELP?????

skeeweeaka

Hello,

I need help please...

I was going to make the modifications for the Move_Pics_6 and do I added some code to the SQL and ran it as suggested... There were no errors with the code. However, due to all of the modifications I no longer want to use this contribution. Can someone please tell me how to EDIT PHYMYADMIN so that I can edit out those changes... I called my host but they will not help with the changes. Can someone please walk me through them... :blink: PLEASE HELP...

THESE WERE THE CHANGES...

-

--

-- !! Warning !! this will delete all items in your configuration group #6124

-- if you have not changed the original group number, this should

-- not be a problem.

--

--

DELETE FROM `configuration` WHERE `configuration_group_id` = 6124;

INSERT INTO `configuration` ( `configuration_title`, `configuration_key`, `configuration_value`, `configuration_description`, `configuration_group_id`, `sort_order`, `last_modified`, `date_added`, `use_function`, `set_function`) VALUES ( 'Show All MorePics on Product Info page', 'MOPICS_SHOW_ALL_ON_PRODUCT_INFO', 'true', 'Show All extra images from the MorePics contrib on Product Info page.', 6124, 2, now(), now(), NULL, 'tep_cfg_select_option(array(''true'', ''false''),');

INSERT INTO `configuration` ( `configuration_title`, `configuration_key`, `configuration_value`, `configuration_description`, `configuration_group_id`, `sort_order`, `last_modified`, `date_added`, `use_function`, `set_function`) VALUES ( 'Group parent image with sub-images', 'MOPICS_GROUP_WITH_PARENT', 'false', 'Set to true to group all images with parent (original) image.', 6124, 4, now(), now(), NULL, 'tep_cfg_select_option(array(''true'', ''false''),');

INSERT INTO `configuration` ( `configuration_title`, `configuration_key`, `configuration_value`, `configuration_description`, `configuration_group_id`, `sort_order`, `last_modified`, `date_added`, `use_function`, `set_function`) VALUES ( 'Use SMALL_IMAGE_ Restrictions', 'MOPICS_RESTRICT_IMAGE_SIZE', 'true', 'Restrict all product images to SMALL_IMAGE_WIDTH and SMALL_IMAGE_HEIGHT values.', 6124, 6, now(), now(), NULL, 'tep_cfg_select_option(array(''true'', ''false''),');

INSERT INTO `configuration` ( `configuration_title`, `configuration_key`, `configuration_value`, `configuration_description`, `configuration_group_id`, `sort_order`, `last_modified`, `date_added`, `use_function`, `set_function`) VALUES ( 'Restrict parent image size', 'MOPICS_RESTRICT_PARENT', 'false', 'Restrict parent image size to SMALL_IMAGE_WIDTH and SMALL_IMAGE_HEIGHT values. This setting overrides "Use SMALL_IMAGE_ Restrictions" setting.', 6124, 8, now(), now(), NULL, 'tep_cfg_select_option(array(''true'', ''false''),');

INSERT INTO `configuration` ( `configuration_title`, `configuration_key`, `configuration_value`, `configuration_description`, `configuration_group_id`, `sort_order`, `last_modified`, `date_added`, `use_function`, `set_function`) VALUES ( 'Table Alignment', 'MOPICS_TABLE_ALIGNMENT', 'center', 'Align Pics table to the left or to the right of the products description.', 6124, 10, now(), now(), NULL, 'tep_cfg_select_option(array(''left'', ''right'', ''center''),');

INSERT INTO `configuration` ( `configuration_title`, `configuration_key`, `configuration_value`, `configuration_description`, `configuration_group_id`, `sort_order`, `last_modified`, `date_added`, `use_function`, `set_function`) VALUES ( 'Table Location', 'MOPICS_TABLE_LOCATION', 'below', 'Align Pics table to the sides, above or below description.', 6124, 12, now(), now(), NULL, 'tep_cfg_select_option(array(''sides'', ''above'', ''below''),');

INSERT INTO `configuration` ( `configuration_title`, `configuration_key`, `configuration_value`, `configuration_description`, `configuration_group_id`, `sort_order`, `last_modified`, `date_added`, `use_function`, `set_function`) VALUES ( 'Number of Columns', 'MOPICS_NUMBER_OF_COLS', '3', 'Number of columns to display.', 6124, 14, now(), now(), NULL, NULL);

INSERT INTO `configuration` ( `configuration_title`, `configuration_key`, `configuration_value`, `configuration_description`, `configuration_group_id`, `sort_order`, `last_modified`, `date_added`, `use_function`, `set_function`) VALUES ( 'Number of Rows', 'MOPICS_NUMBER_OF_ROWS', '2', 'Number of rows to display.', 6124, 16, now(), now(), NULL, NULL);

PLEASE HELP.....

Hello, I'm confused, the code above was what I originally input into the SQL database....

I would like to edit those modififications to that code. Sorry, but I am new to all of this... Can someone please tell me how do I go about that????

Make a backup of your database with the tool in admin>tools>backup

Then, what Jan meant was go back to phpmyadmin and put just that first line in the sql window and hit GO

BUMP

Make a backup of your database with the tool in admin>tools>backup

Then, what Jan meant was go back to phpmyadmin and put just that first line in the sql window and hit GO

Hello, I appreciate your feedback. When I select the tools backup....there is an error message: " Error: Backup directory does not exist. Please set this in configure.php." However, when I do a search on configure.php I find no files.... :blush:

Okay update... I backed up my database.... Someone else told me to perform these changes in the SQL....

-- !! Warning !! this will delete all items in your configuration group #6124

-- if you have not changed the original group number, this should

-- not be a problem.

DELETE FROM `configuration` WHERE `configuration_group_id` = 6124; # Affected rows:8

ALTER TABLE `products` DROP `products_subimage1`; # Error

THEN I RECEIVED THIS ERROR MESSAGE...

ERROR...

SQL query:

ALTER TABLE `products` DROP `products_subimage1`

Can someone please tell me what I need to do to fix this????

I would say I'm in newby hell....4 week learning curve and still don't know what I'm doing...

At this point I'd almost need to see your db to know for sure what is still there and what is not.

Although, I just tried this myself and it worked fine, it got rid of all signs of mopics in the db. But if you've already deleted some of it, it may hang up with an error...

This is the query I ran to get rid of mopics fields in the db

DELETE FROM `configuration_group` WHERE `configuration_group_id` = 6124 LIMIT 1;

ALTER TABLE `products`
 DROP `products_subimage1`,
 DROP `products_subimage2`,
 DROP `products_subimage3`,
 DROP `products_subimage4`,
 DROP `products_subimage5`,
 DROP `products_subimage6`;

If you have any doubts, look at each table to see what is still there first.

Such as, in phpmyadmin on the left, select configuration_group. Then select (at the top) 'browse'. See if group 6124 (mopics) is still there.

Then select configuration, then 'browse', and then go to the last page (there's a drop down page menu for that). Check to see what the highest number is for 'configuration group id'. If you don't see 6124, then mopics is gone. Normally, configuration group id only goes up to 6.

Then select products (in the left frame)...then see if the subimage fields are still there. ..if all you see are these fields:

`products_id`

`products_quantity`

`products_model`

`products_image`

`products_price`

`products_date_added`

`products_last_modified`

`products_date_available`

`products_weight`

`products_status`

`products_tax_class_id`

`manufacturers_id`

`products_ordered`

and no 'subimage' fields, then mopics is gone.

Thanks so much for your reply. I checked all of the data that you suggested and it was as you said... I saw no remnants of those other fields.... I don't know why I received the error. If the error still existed, would I see some form of it when I re-enter the database???

It's sounds like you got it fixed. It would throw an error if you tried to delete something that was already gone...that's the only thing I can think of. If you can't find those fields and everything is working, then I think you're alright. :thumbsup:

Thanks so much for your reply. I checked all of the data that you suggested and it was as you said... I saw no remnants of those other fields.... I don't know why I received the error. If the error still existed, would I see some form of it when I re-enter the database???

Archived