• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Shipping Zones

sallypointer

I've configured the table rate of shipping costs for UK purchases, and set up a Zone rate for airmail purchases, but I can't see how to add another one for EU purchases or how it all works on checkout.

With the zone rate that is already set up, will that kick in automatically if a customer's address is from the right region?

Am I missing something obvious?

Further to that, I've just had a play with a fictitious US address and order and it does automatically offer that zone, but doesnt take away the option for the Table Rate and I can't see who I make it clear that is a buyer is overseas they have to select overseas shipping. Also, I set the tables based on gram weights wheras its stating the shipping is based on lbs. Where do I change that bit?

Still can't see how to add another zone for European customers. I suppose the ideal would be to lose the original table zone and have three Zones, one for UK, one for Europe and one for Airmail(US/AUS) custopmers. Can I do this without needing a major addon to the store? I'm so new to this I'm a bit wary of messing with the coding any more than just changing a bit of text.

Archived