• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Website is VERY slow to load

riopcs

My website - riopc.com - is using oscommerce, wtih CRE Load 6.15 - it takes a goood 30+ seconds to load the site images and all - however once the site is loaded (index.php) everyother page in the site works perfectly fine, and you can go back to the homepage (index.php) from any place on the site, and it loads perfectly fine. but if you try to hit refresh the site takes another 30+ seconds, this goes for anypage that you are viewing, that you hit refresh for.

long story short, we thoght it was the install, so we wiped the server, and started fresh, and it is still doing that same slow load.

Can some one please help me with this issue.

Thanks!!!

Hey, just a little fyi - for me, it took ~2.9 seconds to load your index. This is on a broadband connection (road runner) The rest of the pages loaded even quicker. What kind of connection do you have.

The only thing I see that could be slowing the pages up is the size of your thumbnails. They seem to be about 30KB each! Try to get them under 5KB at least. Mine are ~2-3KB using the automatic thumbnail contribution. Try it out and see if that fixes your problem. It's an incredibly easy install.

Good luck!

Mike

Hey, just a little fyi - for me, it took ~2.9 seconds to load your index. This is on a broadband connection (road runner) The rest of the pages loaded even quicker. What kind of connection do you have.

The only thing I see that could be slowing the pages up is the size of your thumbnails. They seem to be about 30KB each! Try to get them under 5KB at least. Mine are ~2-3KB using the automatic thumbnail contribution. Try it out and see if that fixes your problem. It's an incredibly easy install.

Good luck!

Mike

I am using a broadband "rr" connection myself... this load you are seeing is the orignal load of the template , none of my products... but also i have used a friends T3, and a DSL 4 mb line... still a nogo... even now... to fully load the index....

Loaded fine to me on a Cable connection.

Just curious though, why are you running google ads to other stores on your store? IMO I don't see how a 2-10 cent click is worth losing a couple hundred dollar sale, see what I am saying?

Search the forum and contributions before posting. If that doesn't work, keep looking, then post. The forum is for seeking help and advice NOT for someone to do your work for you. Try to do something on your on, if you are going to run a shop then learn how it works.

Just curious though, why are you running google ads to other stores on your store? IMO I don't see how a 2-10 cent click is worth losing a couple hundred dollar sale, see what I am saying?

he's using the cre loaded free version and you are unable to remove the script

that may also be slowing your site down (Possibly)

Regards

Mark A Reynolds

i didnt think that that was a free version of cre loaded... does anyone have any suggestions, to have a contribute, that has a computer config like the one i am using, with all the great addins, i have that will runn smoother??? or know what the hell is going on with my site, for it to all of a sudden start loading REALLY slow?????

i didnt think that that was a free version of cre loaded... does anyone have any suggestions, to have a contribute, that has a computer config like the one i am using, with all the great addins, i have that will runn smoother??? or know what the hell is going on with my site, for it to all of a sudden start loading REALLY slow?????

why not asking this in the cre forum?

Archived