• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Missing only some images after install

After a fresh install some of the images show and some of them have the red x. Is there someting wrong with the install or do i have to give permissions on certain images? The images that are missing just of the main screen is the little magnifyin glass by the quick find and the signin and the continue buttons. What am i doing wrong lol.

The images folder should be given 777 permissions recursively.

"Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocre minds. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence." - A. Einstein

I am not able to access your site.

There is a problem with determining the default language and loading the appropriate language file.

"Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocre minds. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence." - A. Einstein

Yes, sorry, like my other post said, I tried to load a back up that i made earlier and it gave an error in the middle of it again and screwed something up, I just reinstalled so try to look again. http://www.kellywebhosting.net/catalog

but you see when i run the setup, after it says a test connection was successful made the to database, hit continue to execute the database import, when i hit continue, it sits for bout 20 seconds, then gives a cgi header error. then i have to go back and start the installer, except uncheck import database catalog then it finishes the setup fine and it works, cept the few images missing, what is the CGI header error from? I think its cause by my troubles trying to load the sql file.

Can you be specific as to what images are missing (e.g. a particular category or a particular page)?

If you are receiving a CGI header error then your host is most likely running PHP as a CGI binary within Apache instead of as an SAPI module (definitely the better of the two).

If you haven't been with your host long I suggest finding another one.

Like the quick find and login and sign up iamges are gone off the main page, other random ones... yes, i am thining about moving as i just got it. Its a reseller program and i'm getting it so cheap and can't find anything halfway close to this price. Do you know of any real cheap resellers.. right now i'm getting 5gb 250gb for 9.99 a month.

Do you think if i contact them they could change they way they have the php and cgi setup to make it work? They offer osCommerce as a application pack in helm so you think it would be compatible.

Thanks, Matt

If you are on a virtual server I doubt your host will change the PHP module as it will affect everyone's account on that server.

I don't know any cheap resellers as I stay away from cheap hosts because they are more trouble than anything and usually do not know what they are doing.

I prefer to pay the extra money for a good host that knows what they are doing.

If you want, I can PM you with a few hosts that I have dealt with that offer reseller programs.

All of the images that you are missing are related to the selected language.

Take a look in your includes/languages/[language]/images folder to ensure that you have an icon.gif file and there is a buttons folder that is populated. Also ensure those files have the proper ownership and permissions.

Yes, the files are there, i set all the permissions for it to 777. I think it has to do with my host because it took me hours to figure out how to set this up because on their helm panel it is securing every folder and i had to go in manually and unsecure each one i needed just to get the installer to work.

But yes, if you don't mind, IM me a few of the better resellers that you know of that don't have alot of problems. It needs to be windows resellers because i need ms sql databases. I just don't want my clients running into all these small install problems.

Thanks

Matt

OK i just got it to work, i just had to use my cpanel to unsecure the includes folder... annoying why the panel when installing auto secures the folders, but doesn't put it in the secured folder list.

But still yes would like that PM.

Thanks,

Matt

My list won't help you Matt because I don't work with Windows hosts. Everyone I deal with is pure Linux. Perhaps someone else may read this thread and be able to provide you a few Windows hosts that offers reseller accounts.

Alright, thanks for all your help, and can you still pm me the list anyways because i wouldn't mind offering linux and windows together, i just know a client who needed ms sql. Again thanks again for the help, much appreciated and osCommerce is so amazing.

• 3 weeks later...

Quick reply to say "problem solved" - my FTP program appeared to miss some of the images files when I tried to set permissions to 777 recursively - not sure why.

Anyway, setting the permissions on the problem images files individually did the trick, in case anyone else comes across the same problem.

Archived