• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Shared SSL Help

OK, after finding out some major install glitches from HELM, i got the thing to work and it is BEAUtiful. Now im trying to add in the SSL. I have a shared ssl and i have the whole seperate url. When I set it up for that url and i try to check out, it goes to that url and says file not found. Now when I open my ftp, i have a SSL folder, now do i have to make a copy of that catalog folder in there for it to work, or copy other files? Because when I first enabled my shared SSL it wouldn't work, then i added my index.html to that SSL folder and now when i go to that link it opens the index. I just worried about making a copy because it didnt want it to 2 copys of configs and only edit one then not work properly.

Thanks,

Matt

OK, after finding out some major install glitches from HELM, i got the thing to work and it is BEAUtiful. Now im trying to add in the SSL. I have a shared ssl and i have the whole seperate url. When I set it up for that url and i try to check out, it goes to that url and says file not found. Now when I open my ftp, i have a SSL folder, now do i have to make a copy of that catalog folder in there for it to work, or copy other files? Because when I first enabled my shared SSL it wouldn't work, then i added my index.html to that SSL folder and now when i go to that link it opens the index. I just worried about making a copy because it didnt want it to 2 copys of configs and only edit one then not work properly.

Thanks,

Matt

The problem with a shared ssl is your server/hosting company routes your site through themselves internally (shared SSL) therefore you lose all those pages behind the shared certificate. What I mean is the Search engines do not know who the coding is so your url does not get credit for all those pages. Purchase a dedicated SSL there are many our there and they are getting cheaper by the day

Archived