• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Move the contents in the catalogue folder and all links to pages from one domain to another?

designsjohn

Move the contents in the catalogue folder and all links to pages in www.Jewelrywoman.com site (all contents) TO another web domain www.CRCreations.com ---including database with 320 shopping cart items? All links must work and all products be accessed as is currently present in www.Jewelrywoman.com .

Can u please tell me how to do this without losing 320 shopping cart items? I created the Shopping cart site at jewelrywoman.com (not done) so I could continue taking phone and fax orders on crcreations.com, which has some 2500 items (Crcreations.com has the SEO results, meta tags and page names that consistently rank in 1 st page results for my key words on google, msn, and yahoo searches). I?ve been told it in not possible, due to oscommerce shopping cart coding in database et has ?jewelrywoman" in ?too many places in the code??

Move the contents in the catalogue folder and all links to pages in www.Jewelrywoman.com site (all contents) TO another web domain www.CRCreations.com ---including database with 320 shopping cart items? All links must work and all products be accessed as is currently present in www.Jewelrywoman.com .

Can u please tell me how to do this without losing 320 shopping cart items? I created the Shopping cart site at jewelrywoman.com (not done) so I could continue taking phone and fax orders on crcreations.com, which has some 2500 items (Crcreations.com has the SEO results, meta tags and page names that consistently rank in 1 st page results for my key words on google, msn, and yahoo searches). I've been told it in not possible, due to oscommerce shopping cart coding in database et has "jewelrywoman" in "too many places in the code"?

I think you have been misinformed to move the site should not be a problem.

To move site do the following

1. backup your database using the backup tool in your osC admin

2. ftp all your files to your local computer

3. create new database and user (making sure you assign user to database)

4. populate your new database with sql file from last backup.

5. edit your two configure.php files to reflect the new location

6. upload all your files to the new server.

You should be good to go.

Backup before making changes. Backup before making changes! Backup before making changes!!

You did do a backup? eh?

I think you have been misinformed to move the site should not be a problem.

To move site do the following

1. backup your database using the backup tool in your osC admin

2. ftp all your files to your local computer

3. create new database and user (making sure you assign user to database)

4. populate your new database with sql file from last backup.

5. edit your two configure.php files to reflect the new location

6. upload all your files to the new server.

You should be good to go.

Archived