• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Post installation problems

perso

Hello everyone! I'm a very newbie in oscommerce and i've tried to install it on my localhost with easyphp. I installed oscommerce without problems but i'm lost when i have to apply steps described in post-installation guide.

1) Where i have to set those numbers for specified folder? I've searched for theme in phpmyadmin or mysqladministrator without success

2) where i have to create tmp folder? i received these messages from firefox:

Warning: session_start(): open(/tmp\sess_23dfab39d2d00f580009cbc107680744, O_RDWR) failed: No such file or directory (2) in c:\programmi\easyphp1-8\www\weblocal\sites\volpi\catalog\includes\functions\sessions.php on line 97

Warning: session_start(): Cannot send session cookie - headers already sent by (output started at c:\programmi\easyphp1-8\www\weblocal\sites\volpi\catalog\includes\functions\sessions.php:97) in c:\programmi\easyphp1-8\www\weblocal\sites\volpi\catalog\includes\functions\sessions.php on line 97

Warning: session_start(): Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at c:\programmi\easyphp1-8\www\weblocal\sites\volpi\catalog\includes\functions\sessions.php:97) in c:\programmi\easyphp1-8\www\weblocal\sites\volpi\catalog\includes\functions\sessions.php on line 97

Warning: session_write_close(): open(/tmp\sess_23dfab39d2d00f580009cbc107680744, O_RDWR) failed: No such file or directory (2) in c:\programmi\easyphp1-8\www\weblocal\sites\volpi\catalog\includes\functions\sessions.php on line 136

Warning: session_write_close(): Failed to write session data (files). Please verify that the current setting of session.save_path is correct (/tmp) in c:\programmi\easyphp1-8\www\weblocal\sites\volpi\catalog\includes\functions\sessions.php on line 136

3) how i can enter on admin pages? i've tried in 127.0.0.1/weblocal\sites\volpi\catalog\admin but i received this error

Warning: mysql_connect(): Accesso non consentito per l'utente: 'mysql'@'localhost' (Password: NO) in c:\programmi\easyphp1-8\www\weblocal\sites\volpi\catalog\admin\includes\functions\database.php on line 19

Unable to connect to database server!

4) last question: i've tried to access with smartftp without success because i don't know the url to connect to easyphp folder to manage files

I hope all of you understand all my problems and question. If not please reply me and i try to write again.

Thanks

Bye

1. To get rid of the 'tmp' error and all of the others that stem from it, edit both configure.php files so that the last line reads 'mysql' where indicated. This stores sessions in the database and not in files in a 'tmp' folder.

3. The install programme probably did not write data to the admin/includes/configure.php file.

4. You don't need to access local files via FTP. You just navigate to the file itself and open in a plain text editor like Notepad - but Text Pad (free download) is better.

Vger

Archived