• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

desparately need help

diana47

I was trying to install contribution Header Tag Controller and even though i follow instructions step by step.. and took me 4 hours I must have messed it up somwhere not only did not showed in my admin.. but also messed up my shopping layout... all boxes dissappeared. Anyhow for time being I reinstalled backup.. and now fun started. I got wired messages in my admin that I do not understand why they did not restored previous files For example my graph and backup directory are not writable. :( no idea what to do about it. I will try again to play with Header TAg controller ..but later. Now I just want it work as it was.. and it did not :(

Anyone can give me some advise .. please.. really need help

I have fixed problem. Because I installed oscommerce from my fantastico... I did not learn much how was installed and how permission of files and folders were done. It was so beautifly done for me ...just click of the button. So silly me did not realised that I have to change these permissions when installing backup after my misserable attempt to install Header Tags.

So.. if someone will have same problem...It is not a problem at all .. just ignorance:) changed permissions and all working fine.

After you have the contribution installed I would set the permissions back to 644, leaving them at 777 is a security risk. As long as it works, keep the permissions as secure as possible.

Archived