• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Shopping Cart Order Details Missing

I just finished this site www.thehotsauceguy.com

When customers place an order, the order goes through just fine. I have the shipping using UPS and the payment gateway using AuthorizeNet.

I have personally placed 3 orders using a real credit card, and the order goes through fine, and authorizeNet actually charged my credit card for the order.

THE PROBLEM

The shop owner gets an email with the transaction details, but it does not say what products were ordered. Also, when i go into the admin area, the shopping cart does not show any order details at all, like no one has ever made a purchase. We hve to call the customer to ask them what they purchased.

Please tell me what is causing this problem. We need help fast.

Also for each product, we have to put the weight for a product to be .01 and when a client make the purchase and chooses shipping, it shows default 3.2Lbs when it should be 1Lbs. How do we fix this to show 1Lb????

ANOTHER PROBLEM

I am using a version of OSCommerce shopping cart. When i go to oscommerce website to view their help files, they show screen shots of the admin control panel and they have features in their that do not exist in my software, like they have a newer, and better version. Example, on the help files, they show a screenshot of the UPS shipping page as follow:

http://www.oscommerce.info/docs/english/e_...s_shipping.html

This screenshot shows MODULE WEIGHT UNIT

My version of oscommerce does not have that, plus a ton of new features shown in the screenshots on the oscommerce documentation section.

Do they have a new version or update file that i do not know about?

The first problem with the orders not being logged in the database happens when the customer does not return to your shop after successfully paying with paypal or, in your case, authorize.net. Your customer has to come back to see checkout_success.php.

You can achieve this in several ways: put up a note on checkout that they have to come back, install a contribution that logs the orders before redirecting the customer to your payment gateway, install a master password so you can log into your customers account and finalise the checkout. There are several contributions out there for these purposes, just have a look through them.

No idea about the weight thing. I'm using weight too but I don't seem to have any problems with that yet.

The screenshots you see in the knowledgebase might be from the new MS 3 but I'm not 100% sure as the articles are pretty old. It's confusing. As far as I know there is no new update to MS3 yet.

abra

The First Law of E-Commerce: If the user can't find the product, the user can't buy the product.

Feedback and suggestions on my shop welcome.

Note: My advice is based on my own experience or on something I read in these forums. No guarantee it'll work for you! Make sure that you always BACKUP the database and the files you are going to change so that you can rollback to a working version if things go wrong.

Archived