• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Adding a Link to Manufacturers infobox

Silverado05

Hello, I was hoping someone could help me out with a little mod I am working on. It has been a while since I have coded so I am a little rusty not to mention it's late. Anyways, all I am wanting to to is add a text link that says "View All Manufacturers" right below the drop down box in the Manufacturers infobox. I know how to make the link, that is the easy part, just not sure where and how to insert it to get it to work. I have been playing around with it and can't seem to get it. This is easy as cake, but like I said it's been a while and I am tired. So if anyone could help me out I would be greatly appericative. I have been racking my brain trying to add it. Below is the file I am trying to add it to.

-Thanks

<?php
/*
 $Id: manufacturers.php,v 1.19 2003/06/09 22:17:13 hpdl Exp $

osCommerce, Open Source E-Commerce Solutions
 http://www.oscommerce.com

Copyright (c) 2003 osCommerce

Released under the GNU General Public License
*/

$manufacturers_query = tep_db_query("select manufacturers_id, manufacturers_name from " . TABLE_MANUFACTURERS . " order by manufacturers_name");
 if ($number_of_rows = tep_db_num_rows($manufacturers_query)) {
?>
<!-- manufacturers //-->
	  <tr>
		<td>
<?php
$info_box_contents = array();
$info_box_contents[] = array('text' => BOX_HEADING_MANUFACTURERS);

new infoBoxHeading($info_box_contents, false, false);

if ($number_of_rows <= MAX_DISPLAY_MANUFACTURERS_IN_A_LIST) {
// Display a list
  $manufacturers_list = '';
  while ($manufacturers = tep_db_fetch_array($manufacturers_query)) {
	$manufacturers_name = ((strlen($manufacturers['manufacturers_name']) > MAX_DISPLAY_MANUFACTURER_NAME_LEN) ? substr($manufacturers['manufacturers_name'], 0, MAX_DISPLAY_MANUFACTURER_NAME_LEN) . '..' : $manufacturers['manufacturers_name']);
	if (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['manufacturers_id']) && ($HTTP_GET_VARS['manufacturers_id'] == $manufacturers['manufacturers_id'])) $manufacturers_name = '<b>' . $manufacturers_name .'</b>';
	$manufacturers_list .= '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_DEFAULT, 'manufacturers_id=' . $manufacturers['manufacturers_id']) . '">' . $manufacturers_name . '</a><br>';
  }

$manufacturers_list = substr($manufacturers_list, 0, -4);

$info_box_contents[] = array('text' => $manufacturers_list);
} else {
// Display a drop-down
  $manufacturers_array = array();
  if (MAX_MANUFACTURERS_LIST < 2) {
	$manufacturers_array[] = array('id' => '', 'text' => PULL_DOWN_DEFAULT);
  }

while ($manufacturers = tep_db_fetch_array($manufacturers_query)) {
	$manufacturers_name = ((strlen($manufacturers['manufacturers_name']) > MAX_DISPLAY_MANUFACTURER_NAME_LEN) ? substr($manufacturers['manufacturers_name'], 0, MAX_DISPLAY_MANUFACTURER_NAME_LEN) . '..' : $manufacturers['manufacturers_name']);
	$manufacturers_array[] = array('id' => $manufacturers['manufacturers_id'],
								   'text' => $manufacturers_name);
  }

$info_box_contents[] = array('form' => tep_draw_form('manufacturers', tep_href_link(FILENAME_DEFAULT, '', 'NONSSL', false), 'get'),
							   'text' => tep_draw_pull_down_menu('manufacturers_id', $manufacturers_array, (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['manufacturers_id']) ? $HTTP_GET_VARS['manufacturers_id'] : ''), 'onChange="this.form.submit();" size="' . MAX_MANUFACTURERS_LIST . '" style="width: 100%"') . tep_hide_session_id());
}

new infoBox($info_box_contents);
?>
		</td>
	  </tr>
<!-- manufacturers_eof //-->
<?php
 }
?>

Search the forum and contributions before posting. If that doesn't work, keep looking, then post. The forum is for seeking help and advice NOT for someone to do your work for you. Try to do something on your on, if you are going to run a shop then learn how it works.

change this:

to this

$info_box_contents[] = array('text' => '<a href=' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_ALL_MANUFACTURERS) . '">All Manufacturers</a>');

Thanks worked perfectly. Had to modify it for the correct filename but no biggie. Their was also an extra " I had to remove but other then that it works perfect. Thank you again for your help.

Search the forum and contributions before posting. If that doesn't work, keep looking, then post. The forum is for seeking help and advice NOT for someone to do your work for you. Try to do something on your on, if you are going to run a shop then learn how it works.

• 1 year later...
change this:

to this

$info_box_contents[] = array('text' => '<a href=' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_ALL_MANUFACTURERS) . '">All Manufacturers</a>');

Just wanted to say "Thank you Mark" :thumbsup: & silverado05

Used this:

$info_box_contents[] = array('text' => '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_MANUFACTURERS) . '">All Manufacturers</a>');

I've been searching for hours for this (after trying to play with the code myself!! >_< )

Julie

Archived