• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

All images are broken

bargain74

Hello everyone-

I was just adding product last night on my new website. Then before I went to bed I check it if everything is fine. Then I came back tonight to work on my website again "all the images are gone or broken. When I point my mouse and right click on the image it says " under PROTOCOL: HyperText Transfer Protocol with Privacy; under type: Not Available; under address (URL) HTTPS://liliscorner.com/images/GPXCDP3154BBLR.gif Did I did something wrong? :(

What's happpening? Grrrrrr....... HELPPPPPPPPP MEEEEEEEEEEEE PLSSSSSSSSS............... :(

I can help you with what is happening, but I am not sure I can offer much advice as to why it is happening. Your images are still there, just right now OSC is trying to access them with a HTTPS server, which I cannot tell if you have already installed or not, but it looks like it's not.

I'm not positive how to change it back, but as far as I know all image paths are generated as a relative path. I'd start by looking in includes/application_top.php, includes/configure.php, and includes/admin/configure.php to make sure that your HTTPS and SSL settings didn't get changed somewhere.

I can help you with what is happening, but I am not sure I can offer much advice as to why it is happening. Your images are still there, just right now OSC is trying to access them with a HTTPS server, which I cannot tell if you have already installed or not, but it looks like it's not.

I'm not positive how to change it back, but as far as I know all image paths are generated as a relative path. I'd start by looking in includes/application_top.php, includes/configure.php, and includes/admin/configure.php to make sure that your HTTPS and SSL settings didn't get changed somewhere.

"Thank You!" i went to includes/application_top.php and because there sre so muc program written and I dont know much about php I did search a word SSL and it pointed me that I guess in the right place and it says "// set the type of request (secure or not)

$request_type = (getenv('HTTPS') == 'on') ? 'SSL' : 'NONSSL';" and I change it to OFF all my images finally working. Thank you very much and have a wonderful day! :) "it Makes my day happy!!!!! :lol:

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Another thing I ran across was that if your have a doman name forwarded to a different server (like one you host yourself), using the forward domain name as the HTTP_SERVER in the "includes/configure.php" does NOT work... Not sure exactly why, but seems to have something to do with the domain forwarding...

One fix for this is to use your IP address instead of the domain name..

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
"Thank You!" i went to includes/application_top.php and because there sre so muc program written and I dont know much about php I did search a word SSL and it pointed me that I guess in the right place and it says "// set the type of request (secure or not)

$request_type = (getenv('HTTPS') == 'on') ? 'SSL' : 'NONSSL';" and I change it to OFF all my images finally working. Thank you very much and have a wonderful day! :) "it Makes my day happy!!!!! :lol:

Apologies, but is SSL still working? If you look at the rest of this file the variable $request_type is used eight more times.

:-"

• 10 months later...
Apologies, but is SSL still working? If you look at the rest of this file the variable $request_type is used eight more times.

:-"

hi guys

ive got this image problem with the vns design turbo charged.. we have edited the includes/app top to turn the ssl off but still no good anyone got any other ideas please

ta

lee

If you post (or PM me) your URL, I'll look into the problem.

If I suggest you edit any file(s) make a backup first - I'm not perfect and neither are you.

"Given enough impetus a parallelogramatically shaped projectile can egress a circular orifice."

- Me -

"Headers already sent" - The definitive help

"Cannot redeclare ..." - How to find/fix it

SSL Implementation Help

Like this post? "Like" it again over there >

Archived